Plan a Virtual Meeting with your Council Member
As our cities and towns emerge from the worst of the crisis, reach out to your city council members and county board members and ask to discuss with them how the COVID-19 crisis highlighted the urgency of transforming our health care system and why now is the time to pass a resolution supporting CalCare and Medicare for All.
- Model email request for council members and county board members asking for a virtual meeting or phone call
- Step-by-step instructions for passing your resolution
- Sample CalCare/Medicare for All local resolution language
- Watch videos of local government officials sharing why they championed a resolution to get ideas for arguments or to share with your council member.
- If you are working by yourself, we may be able to connect you with other supporters in your area. You can request to have a zoom call with members of your group if social distancing is still required or make a plan for after in-person meetings are again possible. You can use the talking points and resources provided in this toolkit.