Planning an Organizing Party or Meeting
Below are some steps, tips, and materials for a successful organizing party. If you have a question that is not answered in this guide, send us a note and we’ll get in touch with you.
- Getting People to Attend Your Event
- Outreach Tips to Get People to Your Event (PDF).
- Social Media Guide to Build Your Event(PDF).
- Sample Organizing Party Flyer (PDF).
- Make announcements at local meetings for organizations with similar interests.
- Preparing for Your Event
- Plan the agenda for your meeting. See our Sample Organizing Party Agenda for Hosts (PDF) for ideas for videos, suggestions for agenda items and time limits, and more.
- Print copies of the Sign In Sheet(PDF), Sample Resolution Language, and Organizing Party Action Worksheet (PDF), and one or two resource fact sheets.
- After Your Event
- Send an e-mail thanking everyone for attending and share with them a summary of what you decided your next steps will be, including your next meeting and commitments individuals made.